Monday, December 30, 2013

Favorited: My Favorite Songs Of 2013 - The Runners-Up

So I've totally been neglecting this blog. I joked when I first started it over a year ago that I'd probably end up just using it to post my annual top ten lists, and it's starting to look like that wasn't that far from the truth. That means it's time to count down my favorite songs of 2013!

Last year I had a list of 25 favorite songs. This year I've decided to cut it down to a top 20. Like last year, though, I have a long list of songs that I wish I could have included on the list. Here are my runners-up for my favorite songs of the year, arranged alphabetically by the artist's name, accompanied by videos so that you can hear what they sound like!


Arcade Fire - Reflektor



Arcade Fire - Normal Person



Deap Vally - End Of The World



Deap Vally - Baby I Call Hell



Deerhunter - Leather Jacket II



Del & Xavier - Say Ooh Damn



Ghost B.C. - Year Zero



Haim - The Wire



M.I.A. - Come Walk With Me



Okkervil River - Stay Young



Palma Violets - Best Of Friends



Pixies - Indie Cindy



Vampire Weekend - Diane Young



Vampire Weekend - Worship You



Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Despair



Bonus! My favorite song from a movie in 2013:

Idina Menzel - Let It Go (from Frozen)



Stay tuned for the top 20 list, which I'll start posting tomorrow!

1 comment: